Sunday, November 22, 2009

Someone please......

tell me that soon there will be more playing with and less yelling at!

Cari worships the ground her big brother walks on. Most of the time, he is really good about doing stuff with her, but as soon as she doesn't do it his way, or what he wants, the yelling, full out, scream in your face yelling starts! It is all I can do not to just toss him in his room, and lock the door! I want them to learn to work it out, I tend to try to just leave it be, unless there is serious impending injury or the potential for blood. But I always end up intervening when the yelling starts, because it bothers ME that he is dealing with the situation like that.

We try to give him alternatives, tell him how he could have handled it differently, and why she does what she does....I don't know if it helps or not. But seriously, this HAS to get better, right??? He has been sent to his room to cool off, but most of the time he does that one his own, so what good does that do. The thing that bothers me even more than the yelling is that by leaving and going to his room, he is giving in to whatever it was that made him scream at her in the first place...usually her taking a toy or not doing something the way he wants. It bothers me that he is dealing with it by leaving and not addressing it. But, then again, he is only 4. ;o)

I guess I just have to live off the moments of love and peace, and try to let them work it out as much as possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home