Wednesday, October 07, 2009

2 Funerals in one week.....

Yuck! This week has been icky! 2 funerals in one week, not directly family, but family none the less!

Jim's uncle passed away from cancer last week. I didn't know him that well, and to hear Jim tell it, his uncle wasn't very nice to his sister (Jim's mom) up until near the end of her life, and then he 'saw the light'. He tried to make amends after that, at least made up for it some...he was a 'nice' man, from what I knew, and he leaves behind lots of grandkids that will not have their Grandpa to go fishing with anymore. ;o(

Then my SIL Erin's father passed away on Monday. He has been fighting hard, and just couldn't fight anymore. He was an amazing man. We saw him on many holidays and all the birthdays of his grandaughters (my nieces). He has been a surrogate father to my brother since our dad passed away, and is just a nice guy! He was a teacher, and co founded a charter high school where kids can really have a chance! He believed that every child was amazing and had the ability to learn and become whatever they wanted to be. He gave amazing gifts of his stories, love and life to his grandaughters!

It is a sad week, compounded by the fact that I feel like crap from this cold that has finally hit me like a ton of bricks! I knew it would come, with everyone else in my house sick. I don't always get it when they do....but when I do, it is miserable. I just hope it is on the downswing now.

OK, just had to get all that out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home