Saturday, November 14, 2009

And the award goes too.......

Cari, my 2 year old, has become quite the drama queen. Here are a few examples of her finest work:

On the nights when I put her to bed, I rock her and a couple of her babies for a few minutes before tucking her in. Lately she has been trying to include more and more of her babies in this ritual. The other night, she had 3 baby dolls, a teddy bear, a bunny and a ghost she got from one of those vending machine claw games...... I was supposed to hold all of them, her and a blanket, and rock her in the chair. I told her it was just to many....she needed to put some back and could only pick 3. She put them all down on her bed, and I thought she got it. She picked up 2 babies and her bear, and I said, ok, those are the friends you want to rock....then she picked up 'ghostie', bunny and another baby....again I said, that was too many. She put them all down again, turns away from me, puts the back of her hand to her head (in true drama queen fashion) and with a big, prolonged sigh, says "I so sad"...... Oy!

Then last night, I was playing card games on the floor with JJ and the kids cousin Rachel, who we were watching until her mom could get home from work. We played all sorts of 'kid card games', but Cari was frustrated that she couldn't play too. I tried to include her, but she was not helping her cause by pulling cards out of my hands, or grabbing the draw pile...... So, I moved her away from the game, and we continued to play. Of course, that didn't really work....but rather than just get back in the middle of the game, she says "Ok that's it.....I'm going to my room. This is a page from her brother's book I am afraid....only he slams his door too...thankfully she can't do that yet! She goes to the room, closes her door, stays for about 30 seconds and then comes back out. She says "Ok, I throwed a fit, now I'm done"....again, her brother..... LOL

Seriously, how in trouble am I going to be with her when she is 13???????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home