Tuesday, March 02, 2010

I wish......

There are many things that I wish.....things I wish would happen, things I wish for people, thing that I just wish for me. Here is a sampling:

I wish my kids would love our dog. It isn't that they hate our dog. Our dog is not big, just active. He is a 3.5 year old schnoodle (schnauzer/poodle). JJ used to be just terrified of him....he is not just afraid of him, not terrified....but I wish he wouldn't be. The dog isn't scary in the least, just wants attention. But, he jumps. Alot! And he knocks the kids over. Alot. Thus they don't like him. Makes me sad.

I wish my kids would once again sleep all night. It has been several months I think....they used to sleep so well! I am always tired, because I am always having my sleep interrupted. I don't mind getting up with them, really I don't. I just wish it wasn't every night!

Along with that, I wish I would stop coughing so hard it wakes me out of a sound sleep, and then I KEEP coughing. and coughing. and coughing! Until I get up, go in the other room, and sit and play a game on my DS for about 10 minutes until my coughing reflex has calmed down. It is just crazy. I have hope that it will end someday....it seems like it has been going on forever. Really only about 2.5 weeks. So, if my kids aren't waking me, the coughing is, but generally it is both.

Which only stands to reason that the next thing I wish for is sleep! LOL

I wish for my children a good life, with love, laughter, companionship and friendship with each other. They are starting to play with each other now...although that doesn't last for a real long time. And not generally without a referee in the room. But I know it will come. I know, because every night before bed, I witness the sweetest thing in the whole world. The hugs they give to each other at bedtime, and the "I love yous" that they exchange.

So, my next wish for them is that they continue to grow in that love for each other, be each others champions, friends, protectors and advocates. I love for my little girl that she has an older brother to protect her (something I always wanted when I was little - but being the oldest, not an option).

They know they are loved, by many many people. And I am so happy for that...that we have so much extended family around to love them, and share in their lives. Some are closer than others, some they see more than others, but all are a major part of their lives.

So, I am mostly just rambling on and on here, as this all just kind of came to me, as I was writing it. But those are just a few things that I wish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home