Saturday, February 27, 2010

Hide and Seek......

Let's play hide and seek, mom! My kids love to play hide and seek....unfortunately, they are not old enough yet, where it is fun for them to play it with each other, without me being involved. Then again, on the other hand, they ARE young enough for me to get away with 'sort of' playing.

Here are some highlights:

Much to JJ's frustration, Cari loves to hide where ever he hides...but she doesn't stay there....she hides, then when you say 'ready or not, here I come'...she comes out and says...'here we are'! I try to pretend I don't know where they are hiding. I walk around naming a bunch of other potential future hiding spots...hoping maybe it will give him some idea, all the while knowing exactly where he is hiding. But he thinks it is the most brilliant hiding spot in the world....and thats really what it is all about isn't it?

The best was when he hid in the front entry of our house. We have a wall hanging with hooks for coats in that area, but we never use that door, so it becomes kind of a storage area. Jim has a hunting jacket (deer hunting, so think bright orange) hanging there, and at one point, I hid in that spot with the jacket over me, but it wasn't really a good disguise. He found me, but did think it was a funny idea. So funny that later he tried it. It was by far more effective for him, being much smaller. Of course, Cari was giving him away the whole time, but he actually hid so well in that corner, that I started to walk away, not believing her that he was there....until he giggled. ;o) Then he came out, so proud...and said "I was camouflaged, wasn't I mom? I blended in to my surroundings." ;o)

It isn't any easier for me to hide with Cari than JJ....I hid in our bedroom at one point, with her, and said, shhh we have to hide.....then she hears JJ ask daddy, "have you seen mommy". Her reply??? She goes running out of the room and says, "here she is JJ" and takes him by the hand and all but drags him back to where I am hiding...giggling all the way. ;o)

All in all, they had a blast and it was a fun time for all. At least today, JJ didn't seem to mind his sister spoiling his hiding places.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home