Monday, February 15, 2010

My best friend in the whole world!

Lately Cari has come up with a bunch of odd phrases for a 2 year old. I am sure she hears us, her brother, her 5 year old cousin, etc.....but still, they sound funny coming out of her mouth! Things such as:

-- "This is my baby, mama....she is my best friend in the whole world"

-- "I LOVE macaroni and cheese....it's my FAVORITE!!"

--"But mama, we HAVE to...." (fill in the blank...apparently there are lots of things we HAVE to do)

If she has a 'momentary lapse in judgement (what 2 year old doesn't), where she chooses not to listen or to argue with us about something....she will loose a toy for a certain time period. In general, she looses several babies over the course of a week. Lately if she can't find something, anything, not just babies, she will say "I loosed it"....most of the time not the case.

Yesterday when I gave her back one of her babies she had lost last week, she gave it a hug and a kiss, and said "Hi Baby....I miss-ed you. Are you ok? I give you a kiss, ok baby?" ;o)

-- "Good job mommy....you did it...you came home from work! YAY!"

-- and my personal favorite...when I put her to bed, our ritual before I close her door is to say "I love you, sleep good". She always says, Sleep good, I love you too" and when I say thank you, she always says "Your welcome mama" ;o)

There is always something she is saying that makes me stop and wonder when she got so big. ;o) Now, if we could just tackle some other 'big kid stuff' like potty training.....................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home