Thursday, September 07, 2006

My poor baby!!!!

This next two weeks is going to be shear hell.....well, that is what I thought on Tuesday anyway. My normal daycare person (aka my sister in law) is on vacation. She has watched JJ since he was 6 weeks old (he is almost 17 months old now)...and other than for a few hours, really the only one he has ever stayed with for any length of time. For the next 2 weeks (well, ok, now only 6 more days) he is going to a temporary daycare, a lady from our church who does daycare at home. I know he will be safe and well cared for by her, and I trust her. But he doesn't know her from Adam, and I just knew he was going to cry and cry and cry. I told her this, and she said...oh...he will be ok...

I called on Tuesday (the first day of this hell) at about 10:30. I dropped him off at 7. I asked how he was doing. 'Still crying', she said. I said "Still, as in, since I dropped him off?" "Yeah, pretty much" Oh no!!! I was in tears as I drove away from dropping him off, and now all I wanted to do was run back and get him and cuddle with him all afternoon! Poor little guy. But, by later in the day, when I talked to my dh after he picked him up, I found out that JJ had slept for 2.5 hours, which is good for him.....well, geez...if you had cried for 4 hours straight, you would sleep for 2.5 hours too. But at least he napped! It was just as hard a day for mommy as it was for JJ!

2nd day, he cried the second we pulled up in front of the house. I though, oh..this is not going to be good. I stayed a little longer this time, hoping that would help....even when dropping him off w/ sis in law, I would usually sit for a few minutes and chat, etc. So I got some extra cuddle time, and talked to the Shelly a bit more (yesterday I dropped and ran, it was all I could do to keep from crying in front of her!). He was crying the whole time, and cried when she peeled him off of me, and I left! I didn't call her during the day either, because I couldn't bare to know that he was crying all morning again! But, apparently he did better! So this is progress!

Day 3 - this morning. I started talking about Shelly's house right away, we are going bye bye in the car to Shelly's house, what are you going to do at Shelly's house today...etc etc.... He started whimpering before we even left the house, and was cuddling into my shoulder anytime I was holding him. He didn't want to get into the car, and he didn't want me to get into the frontseat of the car. On the way there, we were singing songs and talked about 'singing songs as Shelly's house'....we pulled up, and he started to fuss, but it was all pretty much more fake this time....whimpering but no tears, etc. I think we are actually doing better today! And low and behold....he 'cried' the whole time I was talking to Shelly, but when it came time and I said, mommy has to go to work now...he actually leaned over to her with his arms out and let her take him willingly!!!! Ok, so never mind that he was actually crying now, he still didn't have to be pealed off of me!!!

Ok...I know Monday is going to be tough after the weekend, but at least we have come this far, and we only have 6 days left!!!! ;o)

Oh...the last week that SIL is on vacation, we are going camping....that will be another fun experience all in itself!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home