Thursday, July 13, 2006

Ok...bad mommy!

I haven't posted any new news about my little man here in 2 months! He is 15 months old today! I can't believe it!

He is so very very close to walking, and has taken a few steps but refuses to just let go and do it! He can do it, he has done it at daycare (or so Aunty Ann says) but refuses to do it at home. I guess that isn't to out of the ordinary.

He love music and doing animal imitations....he has such cute animals! LOL I love his 'bunny'. He wrinkles up his whole face and opens and closes his mouth in an effort copy mommy wiggling her nose. LOL and his newest, is the turtle, w/ Ann taught him. He shruggs his shoulders (turtle pulling into his shell) sometimes he only does one shoulder and the head tilts to the side, and it is sooo cute! I need to get that all on video, before we lose it! ;o)

All totalled, I can think of 11 animals he signs or imitates: duck, mouse, pig, bear, snake, lizard, fish, squirrel, turtle, puppy, bunny. He is learning new signs all the time too, and has come up with one of his own. He signs music by moving his head back and forth to the side. He does that when he hears music, or when he wants to hear music, like if he wants me to sing to him. ;o) He also signs, more, all done, please, eat, and light. He has between 5 and 10 words as well, he says: hi, hey, mama, dada (daaad) , nana (which doubles for food (num num) and bedtime (night night), (At one time it also meant Ann), Ina (for Aunty Ann's dog Tina) and the newest word "buba" for bubbles! He likes me to blow bubbles in the bathtub.

He is doing great in the bathtub as well! He is much more tolerant of me washing his hair, and I have just gotten him used to washing the soap out by dumping the water over his head. I think it will help a ton when we actually manage to get him started in tot swimming. I hope to start that soon!

Oh...he has all of his molars now, but one is still not quite all the way through. It has been the source of much crabbiness lately! Plus, supposedly Ann saw his gums swollen where the eye teeth are, so I suppose those are coming soon too! I hope those are quick, and we are done with teeth for a while!

Better stop for now, but that is the latest on my little guy! Oh...and I got more stuff for mother's day...including a talking picture frame, where dh recorded JJ saying 'ama'! So sweet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home