Thursday, January 27, 2011

Conversations with Cari

Cari picks up an endless stream of things from the people around her...mainly her big brother, but others too. Some of her more priceless conversations:

When she gets mad her favorite line is:

FINE! If you want me to be 'imbisible' FINE! Don't talk to me, I'm MAD! (This is a paraphrase of JJ's favorite phrase, which is "FINE, if you want me to be miserable, FINE" See the correlation?

This this I say - "Well, my work here is done" neither of them thinks this is funny!?

The other night in the bath, I got two for the price of one in the way of priceless Cari-isms:

First of all, she was playing with a medicine syringe in the tub. She wants to pretend she is giving shots. So she says to me "Here Mommy, let me give you a shot. You're suppose to cry. Ok, all done! See that wasn't so bad!" Then a little bit later: "Now you need a vaccination mommy" I asked her about vaccinations and what they did. I knew she got the word from Sid the Science Kid, but wasn't sure if she knew they were really just shots too. LOL Apparently they are different: "So, this time it will hurt a little bit mommy, I think. Maybe not to much. It's ok, calm down, it will only hurt for a minute." I didn't think of it then, but I should have asked her for a sticker for being such a good patient.

And, saving the best for last......she is obsessed with private parts, mostly because of the endless potty training effort.....this one goes a little like this:

Cari: Mommy, boys have penises
Me: Yes, Cari they do
Cari: JJ has a penis
Me: Thats right he does
Cari: JJ doesn't like for me to see his penis, he likes 'pwivacy'.
Me: You are right. JJ is getting bigger. When you get bigger you will want privacy too.
Cari: Girls don't have penises
Me: Thats right, girls have vaginas
Cari: Vaginas? Thats funny!
Me:
Cari: So all the boys in the whole world have penises!
Me: Yep
Cari : AND all the girls have ................VACCINATIONS!


I almost fell into the tub!

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

She is just hilarious...I love it!!!

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home