Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Milestone week.......

Next week will be a huge milestone week at our house! JJ starts preschool for the first time on Monday.... and Cari turns 2 on Thursday! I think JJ is going to love preschool once he gets going, but hopefully history will NOT repeat itself. In past years, when going to a 'alternate' daycare while Auntie Ann is on vacation (my SIL does daycare for us), we have had less than stellar emotional breakdowns from JJ. He has issues with separation, plain and simple. But, he is older now, and seems more mature....and seems excited, better yet! I have been talking up preschool for days, all the exciting things he will get to do...and he loved seeing his room and meeting his teacher last week. So, I am really hoping that he will do ok with the separation part. I think he will once he gets going....and as long as mommy doesn't start crying while he can still see me! Because you know I am going to! I have already given up on trying to convince myself otherwise.

And Cari....I have a hard time remembering she is going to be 2, because it seems like she has been 2 for a long time already! Since she has to keep up with her brother (or so it seems), she does everything and more that a 2 year old would do....AND talks almost as much as he does! Wait, no one could talk that much....but close!

Still, my baby will be two! My hubby and I discovered the other day that she was no longer our baby....she doesn't look or act like one. We decided it was our "Cari Popping Day". (My sister in law has this thing where when you first notice the leaves on the trees in the spring, it is your 'leaf popping day', so now you see the connection.)

So, while JJ is in preschool next week, mommy and Cari shop for birthday supplies. So far, Tinkerbell is in the lead for a theme....I hope that doesn't mean I need to make purple and green frosting for the cupcakes.................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home